Crooks in Power - Crooks in Business - Fox News Nonsense

From Bankruptcy swindles - Sponsorship Scams - Telecom Frauds. Gas - Land, Construction Crooks and the more than occasional political or other totally off-topic posts.

Name:
Location: United States

Produced in America where we don't get it right but at least there are 300 million of U.S.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Miikey D's Ice Cap Coffee

Technorati blog directory

McDonald’s Iced Coffee.

McDonalds has joined the premium coffee world with their latest entry of iced coffee. Coming in 3 flavors, regular, vanilla, and hazelnut, they are offering a cheap alternative to Starbucks, and as I just discovered, and the ultimate premium shop of coffee, Dunkin Dounuts. Being that I had just reviewed Hazelnut flavored coffee I decided to go for the vanilla. Ordering it from the lone English speaker at the same McDonlads that screwed up my Spicy Chicken order, I was worried that they’d screw up again. Luckily not only could the man understand me and communicate back, he was also able to fill my order with no problem.

$2.11 for something this sized seems like a pretty good deal, unfortunately most of that ended up being ice.

The drink, at first it was really good, I was surprised at the flavor. The vanilla was not hidden and the coffee tasted good. Unfortunately that seemed to be the syrup that had sunk to the bottom and not mixed very well with the rest of the drink as subsequent tastes became blander and blander. I did mix up the coffee beforehand but it did not seem to matter. With the massive amount of ice in the cup the drink quickly became watered down. I hadn’t even finished half of it when the taste had become more like coffee water than iced vanilla coffee.

I think the person who dreamed up this idea never visited a Tim Hortons in Canada. Now there is an ICE CAP that sells.

1 thumb up.