Crooks in Power - Crooks in Business - Fox News Nonsense

From Bankruptcy swindles - Sponsorship Scams - Telecom Frauds. Gas - Land, Construction Crooks and the more than occasional political or other totally off-topic posts.

Name:
Location: United States

Produced in America where we don't get it right but at least there are 300 million of U.S.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I Need Time Off

Technorati blog directory

I needed an escape. I needed to get away from this creative world of individuality and expression. I needed to have the sweet loving arms of conformity and mass marketed products to be wrapped around me. Luckily this was Seattle and I only had to walk a few feet before I was greeted by the warm smile of a Starbucks front door.

I guess all of the days creative activities had rubbed off on me as instead of getting your standard coffee or chocolate frap I went wild and ordered myself a Pomegranate Frappuccino Juice Blend. It is summer, it is warm outside, I had found out about the goodness of the great pomegranate a while ago from the Pom juice that was being forced down our throats everywhere you looked so I figured I might as well get some anti-oxidants while I was out on the town. From what I had tasted in the past Pomegranate juice was like cranberry juice, just a little more expensive. It was also Starbucks so I knew I was getting the good stuff.

Too bad I was completely wrong.

This stuff tasted like extreme garbage. I’d like to extend the story out a little bit longer but from the first sip I knew I had been had by the corporate machine and their fancy drawings on chalk boards behind the counter. They call this a juice blend? Yeah, perhaps a blend of water, ice, and a little bit of pomegranate juice just to give it some color. It started off weak and as the ice melted it became even worse, now while I do realize that melting ice does have a tendency to dilute whatever drink it was in, but this was just trash. I don’t think I’ve been this let down by a Starbucks drink ever. I tossed it in a garbage bin. I should have gone back for a refund.

No Thumbs on this one at all.